22 March 2011

Malware On My Website!

I am currently between website design companies, leaving my old one for pastures new.  My website, however, will not be moving servers until at least May.

Two days ago, I discovered that my website, when opened showed this image on the right instead of my home page.  I contacted my new designers to see if they would be able to deal with it, but because it is still on my old designer's server, they pointed out that it is his problem.

I therefore contacted my old designer who basically didn't want to know because I am leaving him (I now realise that is was a wise move).  I am furious, because I now have an online presence that looks as though it will eat your PC for lunch.

I took the decision to take my site down, and for the first time in 10 years I have no website.  It's left me feeling very exposed in an odd kind of way.

All the work I have done splashing my web address all over the place, in craft fairs, in country clubs, in my blog, is fairly useless just now, and I'm a bit miffed to put it lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment