18 May 2011

Sunset At Morar 3

I am beginning to build in texture now, layering the paint on thickly, but am a bit hindered by my own idiocy.  I went away for the weekend, and completely forgot to clean my brushes, leaving them out unprotected. As a result, the ones I want to use are soaking away to soften them up for use tomorrow. I find the size of the brushes I use make a big difference to me.

Talking of softening, I now need to do that to the clouds too and the base of the island where it meets the sea, while the same clouds need more light reflecting off them.

Could all be totally different by my next post.

2 comments:

  1. Happens to me all the time when I am painting my walls. Artists brushes must be quite expensive though. I like the seascape by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I appreciate your comment, and yes, brushes are too expensive for such silly mistakes, but they will be fine by tomorrow, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete