23 February 2012

Customer Visit

Loch Tay, oil on canvas
Yesterday, I had a lovely day.

A customer  had been exploring my website and phoned to ask if she could come to the studio to see my work in person.

I've never had a request like that before, so, I suppose unlike a number of artists, I said yes. I spend a lot of time on my own.

What a joy, having someone who was here to see my work. We spent time talking about paintings and although she was interested in my prints, it was great to chat to her about the originals. It was very refreshing for me, and gave me a wee bit of an ego boost, I have to admit.

I always felt that my studio was strictly my domain, but sharing my space with someone, although briefly, who likes my work, gave me the opportunity to see what I do through someone else's eyes.

A reinvigorating day.

No comments:

Post a Comment