14 January 2015

Framing. Sheesh.

A gallery is expecting some paintings for an exhibition, and although I have finished the paintings on time, I still have to get them framed.

And framing decisions are petrifying. What colour frame? What width?

A mounted and wrapped digital painting of a tiger.
Mounts are next - double or single, thick or standard, self coloured core (the card that runs through the middle of the mount board) or not? What colour mount? Should I add a mount at all, or go for a slip instead - a thin, second frame that the glass sits on.

And glass. What type of glass? Anti reflection which dulls the colours, or standard glass which reflects everything surrounding my painting. There is a new glass on the market now that is so clear that it's almost invisible, but it costs a fortune - should I risk using that?

Or should I just not frame the paintings at all and just mount them and wrap them, ready to sit in a browser, letting the buyer make all the decisions?

I'm going for a lie down now, my head hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment