19 January 2016

Acers in Autumn

Acers in Autumn. Chalk pastel on mount board.
I lived for many years in South Korea, and it had 4 very distinct seasons. I have never experienced cold like I did in the winter. Spring was beautiful with cherry blossoms everywhere. Summer brought stifling humidity and typhoons (which were really scary). Autumn was stunning with warm, comfortable weather and every autumn colour you can imagine on every tree; burgundies, bright reds, oranges, golden yellows all set against cloudless blue skies.

I spent a lot of time in Gyeongiu, Korea's original captial, amongst it's temples and monuments painting and drawing. What a pleasure. This is where I worked on the original pastel painting of acers in autumn.

The original painting has sold, but prints and cards are still available on Etsy and Folksy.

2 comments:

  1. hi
    how are U?
    nice blog
    ============
    ahmad from Luxor - Egypt
    rashidyahmad@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete