5 February 2011

So Much Going On

I love being an artist, deciding what I should be doing day to day uninfluenced by anyone else is a good feeling.

However, sometimes I over do it a bit, and end up with so much going on that I can't decide what should be tackled first.  I don't feel pressurised, I'm just excited about it all.
  • I want to start a series of spring paintings with snowdrops and bluebells as the subject using mixed media, something I haven't done before - I already have the boards prepared.
  • I need to do a stock take so I am ready for a craft fair I'm doing in March.
  • I want to apply to more craft fair organisers so I can sell my merchandised work more widely.
  • I have been asked to write two articles (not one after all, as I mentioned in my The Artist and Major Self Doubt article ) for The Artist, and although they don't need them until the Autumn, I would like to at least get them started.
  • I haven't mentioned it yet, but I am illustrating a children's book and want to carry on drawing pandas and other animals.
  • I have been having a good long look at my website and shop and have decided they need a complete overhaul.  I have been talking to website and ecommerce companies and have to sit and work out all that I want to get out of my site before I decide who to go with.
  • I had a brainwave and want to look into a new product line.  I need to do a load of research and phone calling to see if it would work financially, but I am quite excited by it - I'll fill you in on that one another time.
  • The photos I take of my paintings are not of a high enough quality, stopping me using some of them for print, so I either have to buy a new camera or get a professional to record my work.  I spoke to a photographer yesterday, so I'll see how that goes.
Thank you for letting my brain dump all that, just writing it all down has made me feel a lot better.  I'll let you know how I get on over the next wee while.

Image: Spring's Bluebells, Limited Edition of 500, 59 x 42cm (23 x 16.5")

No comments:

Post a Comment