16 September 2011

Animation

Still of Next by Barry Purves
I know my last post, Inspiration at the Cinema, was also about animation, but I wanted to added a small bit to what I said before.

To me, animation is simply another art form and one I am in awe of because of the patience, thought and skill that has gone into something that (with the exception of the feature films we see at the cinema) generally runs for only a few minutes.

By far and away my favourite is Next by Barry Purves. It is about Shakespeare performing a moment from all of his plays as if he were doing an audition. He packs so much information into such a short period of time, and all done visually. Not a word is spoken. It's brilliant, and so is the music.

Well worth a viewing.

There.

I'm now de-animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment