27 September 2011

Paperwork

My work table, not covered in painting materials as it should be,
but with my laptop, and too much paperwork.
I had this blog all planned for you, and then blew it when I accidently deleted the photos I had taken to go with it (I've not been well, and foolishly thought I could write my blog while sick). I was going to tell you all about my craft fair days, but that will have to wait until next month when I have my table set up again at an event and my camera with me.

I have been busy, though, doing paperwork. It has to be done. Being an artist can be so glamorous (raised eyebrows, subtle cough); this is what I have been doing...
  1. Writing up an over long To Do list, and trying to stick to it.
  2. Getting my accounts up to date. Nuff said, yawn.
  3. Sorting out my merchandise (greetings cards, prints etc), reordering where necessary, setting aside items that need to go to galleries and shops and ensuring that my inventory lists are up to date and correct. Sadly, I really like doing this.
  4. Applying for commissions (I wrote about this in my Lead Artist post), and ploughing through all commissioner's paperwork while producing pages of my own for their perusal.
  5. Getting my CV sorted for the Lead Artist applications. Scary task. 
  6. Reading and sorting through marketing information from the company marketing my website. Still waiting to see good results, but things are beginning to happen.
  7. Applying to exhibitions and competitions, and preparing for the associated emotional highs and lows.
  8. Wondering if I should take a chance and enter one of my short stories into a writing competition, but that means I have to do a spot of rewriting. Yes I write, and love it. I'm even working on an illustrated  kids book - more about that in another post.
  9. Getting cross eyed and desperate to start painting and drawing again.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, though, and am going to be filing all this paperwork away very soon, making way for paints, pastels and anything really messy I can think of. 

Woohoo.

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of your workspace - I'll need to get myself one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, we converted the garage. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete